Earth Day Crossword
To fill in a letter, pick a square then type the letter.
©Courseware Solutions ipadThinker.com
All Earth Day Reading, Games and Worksheets
- - - 1R E 2U S E - -
3T R E E - N - - - -
- - - C - - - - 4A 5C
- 6B U Y - 7S U 8N - O
- L - C - O - 9U S A
10F U 11E L - L - C - L
12R E N E W A B L E -
I - E - - R - E - -
13E A R T H - 14W A R M
N - G - - 15A I R - -
16D A Y - 17T - N - - 18G
L - - - 19R E D 20U C E
Y - - - Y - - S - O
1. To use again: Reduce, _____, Recycle.
3. It has a wood trunk and absorbs carbon dioxide.
4. Abbreviation for air conditioning, which we should turn down to conserve energy
6. To purchase - "To reduce waste don't ___ things you don't really need."
7. Solar power uses energy from this.
9. Abbreviation for the country where the first Earth Day took place on April 22, 1970.
10. Source of energy - "Burning a fossil ____ produces pollutants and greenhouse gases."
12. Able to be used over and over again - "Solar and wind power are _________ energy sources."
13. Our planet
14. Hot, but not extremely hot - "Greenhouse gases trap heat, causing the Earth to ____."
15. We breathe it so be careful not to pollute it.
16. Opposite of NIGHT
19. To lessen: ______, Reuse, Recycle.
1. To repeat a cycle: Reduce, Reuse, _______.
2. Abbreviation for United Nations - "the 1972 __ Conference on the Human Environment"
5. A fossil fuel that looks like black rock
6. The color of the unpolluted sky
7. Related to the sun - "_____ energy is clean and renewable."
8. _______ power plants use the heat produced when the nucleus of an atom splits.
10. Like a friend - "Reduce, reuse, and recycle, to be environmentally ________."
11. Power - "Coal, oil and gas are non-renewable _____ sources."
14. Moving air - "Windmills use clean, renewable ____ energy to produce electricity."
17. Attempt - "___ to use environmentally friendly products."
18. Prefix that means "related to the Earth" - "___thermal power comes from the Earth's heat."
20. Abbreviation for United States - "__ Senator Gaylord Nelson was the founder of Earth Day."